Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Car columnist sees the need for public transit

San Jose Mercury News: "More and more car makers are equipping their cars with more electronic gadgets and gizmos than I have in my home. One recently bragged about their "5G" connectivity and how it will allow people to basically turn their car into their living room/office/entertainment room. Is this really a good thing? I don't think it is.

...All of the technology in a modern car seems to be dumbing down drivers in my opinion. We really don't need safer vehicles; we need safer drivers. I doubt that we as a society will be able to put the lid back on the Pandora's Box of technological advances, or force people who are used to texting, eating, reading, doing their hair and shaving, etc. to stop these activities on the go. So maybe, just maybe the answer is to make public, mass transit more appealing."

No comments:

Post a Comment